As a part of my mission, I hope to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with MGM Advisory Services. I hope to team with my clients and candidates to support our community and our world. A few of the organizations I enjoy assisting are shown below.
The International Student Foundation (ISF) is committed to changing foster kids lives that “age out” of the system at the age of 18. After being expelled from the system that served as their surrogate family, the new adults are suddenly faced with an uncertain future. ISF’s mission is to provide scholarships, mentoring, and leadership training for select foster care and orphaned students, raising up leaders of influence. To learn more go to www.isfsite.org. I have recently been choosen to be one of 12 mentors around the United States for the 2011 ISF students and will begin this new journey in August, 2011.
The Stewpot is an organization that supports the at-risk and homeless individuals in Dallas. Since May 2008, The Stewpot has been the sole meal provider at The Bridget (Dallas’ homeless assistance center), serving 1,500 – 2,000 meals per day, 7 days a week. I enjoy going once a month on the second Thursday to serve breakfast to the homeless. To read more about The Stewpot check out www.thestewpot.org.
Other various charities I enjoy contributing to are Young Life (Brian and Michele Summerall in Richardson, Texas); Campus Crusade (Garrick and Dziu Roegner in Spain); and the Dallas SPCA.
My vision is to develop an annual fundraiser that will raise money to help one or all of the causes mentioned above. If you, your family, or your friends would like to get involved in any of the above organizations with me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways that my clients and candidates can get involved:
- Make a donation directly to any of these organizations on their own websites.
- Join Mellie in serving the homeless breakfast once a month (usually the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:40am).
- Volunteer to help plan, organize, facilitate my once a year fundraiser by using your talents such as Marketing, Communications, Legal skills, Business Development, Media/PR, Organization skill, etc.
- Share this website to raise awareness about these charities around the globe.
- Educate yourself by reading more on these organizations on the web.